Now on GSA Contract! Call for Government Pricing.
The life of a type one firefighter is rigorous and demanding. Hiking up hazardous terrain, jumping into a harrowing fire, and spiking out can be tough on you and your gear. The Blackburn Type One Pack may have just been released to the market but it is anything but new. It has been rigorously tested by some of the toughest type one firefighters we know to ensure that it can stand up to any assignment.
Our R&D guys not only tested for toughness but they listened to our type one testing crew, incorporating so many style and design choices that directly benefit the wearer, the pack is engineered to make the demands of the job a bit easier.
PALS webbing on shoulder straps and front of the pack provide attachment points for additional gear.
Jump harness straps are included for aviation operations or as a attachment points for additional gear
Side compression straps secure internal contents and bring the pack weight closer to the back
Shoulder harness strap design allows for lower distribution of pack weight on various torso heights
Fire shelter integrated into the pack to prevent swinging, loss, or component failure while compression straps prevent fire shelter from coming into contact with wearer’s back.
Back wall design allows wearer to stow shoulder and waist harnesses behind the back padding or use hook and loop ends to gather excess strap
Zippers and pull tabs in red for quick identification of pockets
- Designed for efficiency, the main compartment provides 1,500 cubic inches of space optimized for efficient compartmentalization of gear.Front and top zippers allow wearer to quickly access to both the gear compartments and the hydration pouch separately.
- Two front pockets are perfectly sized for sig bottles
- Internal back pocket with quick access zipper for hydration reservoir
- Internal side pockets
- Internal zippered front pockets
- The side compartments have been optimized for quick access to the items you use most.
-Ergonomically angled side-pockets with drawstring cord lock top access for quick access to sig canister, water bottles, and radios.
- Eight dedicated fusee pockets with flaps for better protection of fusees from moisture and abrasion prolongs the life of your fusees.
- One internal radio pocket on each side of the pack that prevents the radio from shifting and allows for the ultimate accessibility.
- Ballistic nylon on the bottom of the pockets and superior nylon drawstrings provide the ultimate durability, strength, and increased abrasion resistance.
- Grommets incorporated into the bottom panels allow for drainage of liquid and debris from each pocket.
- The sole intent of this compartment is quick access to mission critical materials.
- Zippered front access to internal compartments.
- Dedicated internal dividers for notebook, pen, and map pockets.
- External zippered pockets.
*Special order items will have an asterisk before the configuration description (4X Large, Tall, etc.). Special order items are non-stocking, will be back-ordered and are non-returnable/refundable. Please ensure that the sizing/configurations are correct prior to ordering these items.